Monday 27 May 2013

Hidden

Summer days leave much too fast

As if the sun rays were waving goodbye
At every step my mind could grasp
The memory although never dies

Sometimes ticks of the clock sound furious
Telling me not to live in the past
Jesus knows of the thoughts that make me curious
To keep on pretending that time moves fast

Each day the wonder of remembering
Makes me think twice
Life made me have thoughts which were angering
People aren't always that nice

But my heart knows the sad truth
I have buried it beneath my bed
Summer was like a broken tooth
Just attempting to shut the thoughts off my head

I know now where I stand
Flashbacks are like ghosts that never let your soul go
But even the most perfectly made airplane doesn't always land
I’ll take the next opportunity and go

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for summer !!! Nice nice ;) I really could understand and connect with your poem.

    ReplyDelete