Friday 8 February 2013

English Patient Review number 2

I have started reading "The English patient" by Michael Ondaatje . This story is both captivating and confusing. It has many flashbacks so its hard to understand which scene is present and which is in the past. In addition, since the story is written in third person, sometimes its difficult to tell which character the author is talking about. The beginning of the story is in the villa where Hana, the nurse, takes care of the English patient. They are the only ones in the villa and Hana often reads to him. She seems like a very sophisticated nurse, she reads a lot and seems educated.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree! The book I'm reading "Three Day Road" is mostly flashbacks of the past and it does get confusing at times but as you read on you get used to it. Just keep on reading and you'll get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Paul! Once you get used it, it will get better. But also, I think that the flashbacks and the changes in perspective can also make the novel more interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem with my book! It is written in third person perspective and it keeps jumping back and forth in time.. I'm so confused! But I guess you'll get used to it after a while.

    ReplyDelete