Thursday 28 February 2013

Final English Patient Review: conclusion of my thoughts

Memories are the pieces that make your life what it is. When something tragic occurs it is the memory of the event that makes you sad. In psychology I learned that you can control your life and feelings. At first I thought this wasn't possible but after a while I understood it. I believe that we as human beings have the gift of choosing. For example, when Hana decides to stay in the villa, or when the English patient chooses to start an affair with Katherine. These are all choices that they made themselves, they shaped their own future. Newton states in his third law that every action has an opposite and equal reaction exerted on it. Therefore, all of the events that occurred to them were only responses to their actions. I found this novel to be fascinating, It has taught me about the consequences of the war, about caring and love.

4 comments:

  1. Nice way of summerizing what you learn in school. From English to Psychology and Physics haha :D awesome reflection. I believe that however you act in this world you will one day recieve back somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed that you can gain psychological knowledge from the novel and explain in a scientific way. Because of the fullness of choices in our lives, we are hesitating all the time while making the decisions. However, we have to undertake all the results that our decision leads to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah Hana a mixture of all the subjects :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed how your reflections in your posts. They were thoughtful and discussed the connections you made with the novel. This sure beats reading plot summaries, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete